Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Don't Allow Heroin To Take Over Your Life


I have seen a first-hand account in my lifetime as to how bad heroin can be. It has been a dangerous drug for quite some time, but in the city in which I lived as a child, heroin captivated the people. Captivated is a choice word here because it can truly take over and destroy lives.

I have never experimented with this particular drug, and that is largely due to it becoming such a widespread issue in my city while I was yet of age. I watched family members have major issues, and I saw what it did to the community as a whole.

I remember there were always sirens and emergency vehicles daily. Nowadays that particular city has cleaned things up significantly, but it has continued to still be an issue, not just there but throughout the company.

A bad batch of black tar heroin or another type of heroin can cause someone to die immediately upon injection. Furthermore, heroin overdoses are quite common, and the hold the drug takes on a person due to regular use is just as bad.

I saw my two uncles specifically deal with heroin addiction, and then years later when I was grown, one of them went back to using heroin and actually overdosed but survived. The other uncle is now on disability because of his back and how bad the pain is from years of drug abuse.

You can see now how addiction treatment is very important because you never know how much time you have left. Furthermore, even if you still make it past heroin addiction, after years of long-term abuse, your body can suffer. So, the time is now if you want to have a chance at a normal life and be free of your addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment